SW11 Counselling - A therapeutic counselling service to all in need of support.
RSS Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Stigma, Discrimination and Mental Health.
Postive thinking

The Self
Therapy
Thought
powered by

My Blog

Thoughts

In May we looked at "feelings"

This month I "thought" it would be interesting to look at certain attributes that are linked to our feelings.  One attribute in particular that interests me is the idea of thinking or thought.

Thoughts and  feelings are closely connected because the thoughts we have can definitely trigger our feelings and emotions.  Equally important however, is how our feelings can be the catalyst for many thoughts...albeit adaptive or maladaptive ones.

Please believe me when I say that I am not an ogre, however, I love to watch my clients cringe when I ask them "How they are feeling?" or "What are they thinking about?"  More often than not, those that cringe are those that find it difficult to access their emotions and thoughts.   What  really pleases me though, is watching the change in a client who once found it difficult to express themselves.  As they continue to work on themselves they find it easier and more comfortable to describe, assess and monitor their thoughts.

As a therapist I am aware that clients come to me with their experiences and entangled within those experiences are a vast array of feelings and thoughts.  The work within the therapy is about being able to explore these thoughts, to entangle them; make sense of them.  This of course is not easy, but essential for ones development and existence.

At SW11 Counselling it is important to me to assess how a client is feeling; acknowledge their thinking patterns.  Of course I am a huge advocate for talking therapies and strongly believe that Psychotherapy and Counselling  are excellent tools in getting an individual to understand their inner world.

Right.............that's enough from me, now I turn the tables toward YOU!

I have a few thought provoking questions below that I want you to try and answer.  I understand that answering these questions may be more difficult for some than others.  Have a go anyway....it'll be interesting to see where your thoughts and feelings take you to.

As per usual your THOUGHTS and comments are always welcome.

Thankyou.

What makes you smile?

What makes you frown?

When are we self-improved enough to accept ourselves?

What impact are you wanting to leave on the world?

What does it mean to you to allow another person to fully love you?

What in life, is beautiful to you?

Where do you find inspiration?

What is your quirkiest habit and how long have you had it?

Give your 5 favorite songs. Why do you like each one?

What is your saddest memory?

What is your happiest memory?

Can you describe your life with a six word sentence?

18 Comments to Thoughts:

Comments RSS
essay review on 10 January 2017 05:11
Amazing article. I am so impressed. I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects. Thanks for your publication; wild style. Many thanks sharing your article.

men jackets on 18 December 2017 09:38
I’m quite energized to demonstrate the item in order to any person. This can make me personally therefore satisfied your substantial understanding and also knowledge have a brand new station for attempting in the planet.

reflix on 26 April 2018 08:05
Halo Antoinette Prince! Thanks for creating this knowledgeable topic you have shared with everyone. It's always useful to read through articles from other writers and practice something from their sites. sound proofing mats

davels on 27 April 2018 09:40
Great! I really appreciate your effort, I found it quiet interesting ,Thank you for posting the great content… rubber flooring mat

Alx on 27 April 2018 13:38
Amazing way of post! This is a very good article with its well written text material and it is very useful for everyone. thank you so much for the great info. continue reading

john on 02 May 2018 08:26
Very nice way of posting.I appreciate it.I already bookmarked your site for more such blogs. rubber flooring mat

gymnastic mats uk on 18 May 2018 06:47
Hi Antoinette Prince! I have just read your post from here, I am totally impressed with your well written article, Must want to say thanks for making this post here.

psychological evaluation near me on 18 May 2018 14:17
Amazing post with very well written article. I join you on instagram to take best information and you will upload some new post soon. Thanks for making this post.

water damage restoration Mia on 24 May 2018 16:42
You have just share worthy post. I would like to say your thouts content have great value. I have just just got valuable points from your post.

James Rogla on 25 May 2018 10:37
Every person manage thoughts everyday. I am really very thankful to you. Your work is really very fantastic. I am going to bookmark this post. Online thick rubber matting from here

Wilson on 30 May 2018 17:11
I would like to appreciate you for sharing such type of worthy and valuable stuff. Keep sharing such type of authentic articles in future I will check your post again. click here

green rubber grass mats Uk on 02 July 2018 07:51
Antoinette Prince your thoughts is really like my thoughts, I am vising this website and its blog everyday but today i must want to comment on your post your working style is really good then others.

cheap garage racking and shelving on 30 July 2018 11:24
Entire blog is informative with your well written and perfect info source. Simple i just want to say that Entire blog is informative for everyone.

smith on 15 August 2018 12:15
Your thought is really perfect and awesome then others, It provides a collection of useful information. Thanks for sharing and making this post... sound deadening mats for sale in UK

playground rubber flooring rolls on 18 August 2018 12:53
I can say everything about this sw11counselling blog, mostly on straight talk ministry. Your posted article is really wonderful for everyone, Thanks for posting your materials.

london brick company on 29 August 2018 09:49
Interesting article you have shared on your website. The whole site is really worthy and valuable for everyone. Thanks for sharing nice and worthy info in future.

gymmatscompany.co.uk on 26 September 2018 09:37
Glad to see your post once again. I can say everything about this sw11counselling blog, mostly on sw11 counselling talk.

Jorge on 16 October 2018 08:22
Impressive website you have shared with everyone. The post is really impressive and the article in valuable for everyone. Keep sharing nice stuff. local locksmith kansas city ks